/*** Test ***/ /*** Test ***/ /*** Test ***/

12619 LTT-Mangalore Matsyagandha Express Journey

Train number 12619 Matsyagandha Express starts from Lokmanya Tilak Terminus and 3.20 PM and reach at Mangalore Central at 7.30 AM.The train travel through Konkan route which is Konkan Railway.The places after mumbai like Khed,Chiplun,Ratnagiri,Kudal and places between Madagaon junction and Uduppi are famous for their Natural beauty.This is the speciality of this route that you can enjoy one of the most beautiful ghats in India which is Konkan while travelling in a Train.

Matsyagandha Express
This is a story of my journey from Mumbai to Kannur(Kerala).Actually I booked my tickets in Train no-12201 LTT-Kochuveli Garib Rath. Unfortunately my tickets were in waiting list and I was not able to get Tatkal ticket also.Bus tickets also were not available.So I was forced to travel in General compartment,but for Garib Rath,it is not available.

Thus I decided to go by Matsyagandha General compartment till Mangalore and from there catch some other train which go to Kerala.I was very exited about the Second class travel in Konkan route as I am doing it first time.

The travel was on 6-05-2016(friday).I left my office at 1.00 PM(by taking half day leave) and directly went to railway station.Some of my friends advised me not to travel in second class and warned me about the possibility of a long queue for second compartment entry.I reached LTT at 1.30 PM,took my ticket(Rs.300)  and reached 5th platform(as given in the display) from where the train Matsyagandha starts.


As expected,there was a long Queue for General compartment.The train is having five general compartments.2 near Engine(Towards Mangalore) and 3 at back side.So I decided to be in Queue for 3 compartments at the back side.

Around 2.50 PM  the train Matsyagandha came to the Platform no 5. RPF managed people to enter the second class compartment as per their positions in the Queue.The queue was implemented after the incident of 3 children killed during a rush for entering General compartment. 

RPF filled travellers in the queue in General compartments one by one.When one compartment filled,second one opened.When my turn came,Second compartment was full and 3rd one was almost filled.Anyway I managed to get a seat in the compartment.Soon the compartment got filled and lots of people were standing without getting seat.Some travellers managed to sit in the berth for luggage and some sat at the floor.

The Compartment was neat and clean and The train maintains good neatness in all sleeper and AC compartments.

Exactly at 3.20 PM ,Matsyagandha started to move.The second class compartments were filled completely and there was not even a single free space.In my long seat 5 people were sitting. Actually I was very excited about the journey before entering the compartment,but now I am very much worried how to pass time inside the compartment.


The Train stopped at Thane at 3.45 PM.More people entered the compartment.Now the compartment is fully jammed.The situation was very pathetic.The people who were not able to get the seat were standing in the crowd and were becoming weak.To my surprise,some families also entered in the General compartment from Thane.

My advise to people who plan to travel in General compartment of Matsyagandha from Mumbai is - Please try to board the Train from starting point i.e LTT itself.Try to come early and stand in front position of the Queue.This will ease your entire journey.Otherwise you have to face the entire difficulties of travelling in the Second class coach.

Some gang entered from Thane were drunk.They made issues with ladies and other passengers.Anyway other travellers managed to keep them silent. Even though the situation in the compartment was very difficult,the cooperation between travellers were amazing.

The train reached Panvel at 4.40 PM.More people entered the train.The crowd was at its peak.Since its a summer season,the coach was very hot.The rush inside the coach made it worst.Once the train started to move,we got some relaxation to the heat.

Till Khed,people were entering the train,from Khed onwards,travellers started to leave also,this gave us some relaxation to the crowd,but till Ratnagiri,the compartment was a mess.

Train reached Ratnagiri at 10.30 PM 1 hours late.Now there is a relaxation to the crowd but still some passengers were standing.It reached Madagoan Jn which is near to Goa at 1.50 AM.

I was not able to sleep as 5 passengers were sitting in a seat where 4 people can sit.I was expecting the same and tried to sleep by bending towards my legs.Hardly I managed to get 1 hours sleep.

Since the train passed all beautiful places during night,I missed all those places to enjoy the sceneries.Train reached Mangalore Jn at 7.30 AM.

There was another train Ernad Express which start from Mangalore to Nagarcoil  which departs at 7.20 AM.I missed that train for a matter of 10 minutes.I really wondered why Indian railway is maintaining such a stupid time table.If they adjust the train timings for 10 minutes,there would have been a connecting train for Matsyagandha and this Ernad express travel across entire Kerala.So we may get connected Expresses from Mumbai to Trivandrum/Nagarcoil. Anyway I have to wait till 8.30 AM to get another train which is Yesvantpur-Kannur Express coming from Bangalore to kannur.I took that Express ticket(Rs.60).



Luckily there was another Passenger train which depart at 7.45 AM.It was 56324 Mangalore-Coimbatore fast passenger.I got that train.Almost all seats were vacant.2 to 3 people were there in each compartment.It stopped at each stations but was going very fast.Still I was ahead of Garib Rath. But when passenger train reached at Kanhangad, Garib Rath did overtake.I reached  Kannur at 10.40 AM(07-05-2016).It took almost 19 Hours to reach Kannur from Mumbai.

The entire Journey was adventurous,but there was difficulties of its own.Any way Indian railway gave me great experience by not giving confirmed ticket and force me to take General class ticket.
If you have any such experiences,please feel free to comment below.  
Share on Google Plus

About Ideas For Earth And Life

Innovative ways of Addressing issues faced by Indian Railway travellers,travel reviews,Railway experiences etc
    Blogger Comment
    Facebook Comment

0 comments:

Post a Comment